Guilford Child Development's mission is to help young children and families reach their full potential. Founded in 1967, Guilford Child Development (GCD) offers quality comprehensive programs for young children and families in Guilford County in collaboration with numerous community partners. GCD currently has over 300 employees and is one of the largest nonprofit organizations in Guilford County.
GCD provides services to over 5,000 children and families every year through our programs: Head Start/Early Head Start, Regional Child Care Resources & Referral, Catering for Kids, Nurse-Family Partnership, Learning Together Family Literacy Program and Family Success Center. To learn more about the programs we offer, visit our website.
- We have filled all available internship opportunities for Spring 2017! Please check back in August if you need an internship for Fall 2017.
- We are not able to accommodate walk-in volunteers. Please register through our "needs" section.
- We accept volunteers 18 older and only. Groups of high school service learning students (16-18 years old) will be accepted on a case-by-case basis, please contact us for more information.
- All volunteers are asked to commit to at least 4 hours of service to GCD.
- Due to the nature of our agency working with children and having concern and responsibility for their safety, we require all accepted volunteers/interns to complete a criminal record check (CRC) through First Point's Volunteer Clear system.
- Instructions for the CRC will be provided after you register for an opportunity.
- Volunteers who are applying for opportunities that involve direct contact with children must have a negative TB test. GCD will provide instructions for obtaining the test and will pay for it.
- Please contact us directly for corporate and school group opportunities.