Kitchen/Dining Room Volunteer
Come work with our on-site cooks to help make and serve a meal for the residents of The Servant House. Cooking experience is appreciated.
Our kitchen is located on-site at The Servant House. Our address is 1312 Lexington Avenue.
The breakfast shift runs on Tuesday and Friday from 7:00am - 9:00am (2 hours).
The lunch shift runs from 10:00am - 12:30pm (2.5 hours).
The dinner shift runs from 3:30pm - 5:30pm (2 hours).
- With adequate cooking skills - helping our cooks in the preparation and cooking of daily meals for our residents
- Cleaning the kitchen during cooking and serving
- Doing dishes after the meal is served
- Moping and cleaning the floor of the kitchen
- (Monday - Thursday mornings) Putting away and organizing donations
- Rotating donations in the pantry
On day of service:
- No open toed shoes
- Must wear a hairnet while in the kitchen
Training and Orientation
Volunteers who wish to cook must be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of cooking.
Volunteers are also required to attend a volunteer orientation with the volunteer coordinator at The Servant Center.
If you are interested in joining us in serving those who served feel free to make an appointment with our volunteer coordinator at the following link: https://volunteer-servantcenter.youcanbook.me/